A turbulent past. Period 1846-1945.
After the creation of the Leonberger by Heinrich Essig, the breed became first very famous but afterwards knew also a time of vilification. The established cynophile world was hostile towards the Leonberger. The first standard. Almost total extinction after the first World War.
- 200 years ago Heinrich Essig was born in Leonberg. He will make history as the creator of the Leonberger.
- Why were the dogs called Leonberger or Dog of Leonberg ?
- Read more about Heinrich Essig, his successors and imitators.
- Why the official cynology was so hostile ?
- How did these first Leonbergers look ?
Dimensions 17 x 24 cm., hard cover,
368 pages of which 32 in full colour, 257 illustrations.
Languages English, French, German and Dutch.
The dog of Leonberg vol. 1
- Brands Metha Stramer
- Product Code: cdl001
- Availability: In Stock